Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Travel Day


Michel from Haiti
Long day. The flight was all night. I had a nice family with a woman and little baby sitting next to me. The baby kept kicking me as it nursed,  but that didn't bother me. The Mom felt bad. At the Airport, a nice taxi driver befriended me. He wasn't a yellow taxi, he was a green taxi. He was upset because the Hotel did not pick me up. They were suppose to send me a yellow taxi. Two hours and I didn't have a ride. I saw orange taxis and yellow taxis zip by. I almost walked. None of the taxi drivers wanted to lose their spot in line at the airport for a short ride. He called the Hotel and complained. His name was Michel, like my twin Sister spelled different.  I guessed he was Jamaican by his accent. I said "you have an accent, Jamaican?" He laughed and said he would bet me two dollars I couldn't guess where he was from. I would guess from a list of three countries. He opened his wallet and placed the money in my hand.  I wouldn't bet but said I would give him a buck. My first guess was Cameroon just because i know a person from Cameroon. Way off,  He smiled. He told me he was from Haiti and I gave him a dollar. I got to the Hotel in Newport News, VA. My bike was there. I put the bike still in the box in the room and decided I would assemble it in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Oh.I'm glad your flight was OK.
    Your sis Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer the hotel didn't follow thorough with sending a taxi, I'm glad it didn't ruin the mood of the trip and you found this nice gentlemen to help you out!

    ReplyDelete