Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Day 1 About the People

I met wonderful people today. I saw David and Diane on a tandem bike. I was looking for the Memorial. David said "up the hill" then "catch up with us". I did catch up later as they took a break. They were going to ride for four months. They had no destination but rather how far. John and Mary took the picture of me at the windmill. They are from Roanoke. I later would draft off of them as John took the lead. I made good time. John pumped up my tires because they were soft. They were happy their third child just graduated from college. Dan and Briane I saw often. They were wonderful. Dan gave up his job for a bike ride across America. They took there two children and a dog and left Nebraska. Each day Briane waits for Dan to finish. Amy was lost when I met her. I spent the first night at the same place with her. She was from Indiana. She was traveling from Yorktown to Florence Oregon. She had a young family at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment