Thursday, May 19, 2016

Day 4 The Hills

Monster Downhill At The End Look At The Plunge
I woke up very tired. I did not sleep well and my eyes are very puffy. Left Afton and the hill was immediate. The road was called the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It was relentless. Although tiring, it was absolutely beautiful. So much different than the Cascades because the green growth of the trees was so abundant.  There were rarely any cars.  I was at peace.  All I could hear was birds chirping. I ran out of time and got caught in the rain that evening. I was headed for a KOA campground but I had  my first paid room instead.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry Mike those hills will make you strong, by the time you hit the Rockies you'll fly over them. Be safe and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have come so far already! All of your pictures and descriptions are intriguing. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Mike. I wish I was there.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete