Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 42 Update

I reached Idaho late on Day 41. It was a difficult day. Near Lolo, Montana the wind was blowing very hard from the side. It was difficult to stay up. I yelled out in fun at Mother Nature "Come On! You Can't Beat Me!" and she tried harder. She got back at me later. I was on this six mile climb to the top of a mountain pass before Idaho and the cold cold rain drenched me. I was at the last available spot that evening in Powell, Idaho. They were nice. They made a deal with a cabin renter to allow me to sleep out of the rain on the porch. I took about a 20 minute hot shower.

Today the weather was nice. I traveled along a beautiful river for 66 miles before I got breakfast. The waitress was amazed at how much I ordered; two full breakfasts and pie. The funny thing was some people eating breakfast saw me later in the evening at another restaurant.  They were smiling because I drank five strawberry lemonades.

Not many pictures because it looks much like Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment