Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Day 17 Summary

I decided to skip the hills and dogs today. I went off course to a highway with a wide shoulder and traveled well over a hundred miles. Sometimes the maps take the scenic route but it can wear on the legs with up and down hills. I crossed the Ohio River into Illinois.

For some reason I have rashes on the front of my legs.  I think it may be from the heat or my shorts rubbing.

I continued on to Murphysboro Lake Illinois to a campground.  It was my last option of the day. Off my route. No water.  I camped by the water.  I have never heard so many creatures at night and so loud.  There must have been 50 different sounds. It made me laugh.

I tied my food up in a tree, however the animals out smarted me. I was awakened to sounds outside my tent. I was a little chicken to open the zipper on my tent.  When I did, I spotted with my flashlight an  animal chewing on my bag of food dangling from the tree. I retrieved the bag and it had holes from the chew bites. I had to make a clothesline and hang the food from the middle of it.

In summary, the landscape was beautiful.  Sprouting corn and wheat fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment