Monday, May 30, 2016

Day 16 Genuine Kindness



I finished my 16th day at Sebree Kentucky. I came to this Baptist Church and was looking around the outside and in the windows.  A man named Bob rode up on his bike, greeted me and asked if I ate. He was the retired Pastor of 35 years from that Baptist Church.  I came to his house across the street where a gathering of people had just finished eating. Bob's wife Violet put a place for me at the head of the table. They were very kind people. All locally retired. Instead of talking about me I asked about them. They each took turns telling me what their life was. Later Bob took me to the Church. It was wonderful.  Showers, laundry, kitchen, comfort. Very Nice of them, I am very grateful.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad nice, caring folks opened their home to you and even fed you. Awesome day!
    ~ Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Keep on riding Mike, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what is so awesome about you Mike! You always ask about others instead of talking about yourself!
    So happy there are kind people in the world taking care of you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete